Munnar with its picturesque landscape, cool climate,tranquillity of nature and its strategic location and proximity to Thekkady made it a much sought after destination of nature visitors across the world. The visitors mostly prefer various wilderness areas in Munnar . Munnar Wildlife Division is the headed by a Wildlife Warden with Head Quarters at Munnar.
- Implementation of Contract System instead of Convenor System
- “Abode of Nilgiri Tahr” will be opened for tourists from 11th April 2017
- Quotation Notice – 21/03/2017
- The Grizzled Giant Squirrel (Ratufa Macroura) survey was carried out in the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Republic day 2017 – Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary